The ECITB has sought out providers who support online learning to allow vital skills training to continue during the COVID-19 crisis.
With social distancing restrictions having a severe impact on every aspect of our lives, the ECITB has highlighted some online learning and webinars that are available to help support soft skills training.
Chris Claydon, ECITB Chief Executive, said: “These are unprecedented times that require new skills and ways of working to be adopted immediately.
“Soft skills can be just a vital as technical acumen. Here we have compiled a selection of online courses and learning resources that we think can help develop these key attributes, which are often overlooked in the engineering workplace.”
Soft skills training:
- Creativedge offer 90-minute virtual sessions in many communication skills and personal development.
- The IET offer various courses on various dates in Dealing with Conflict or the Art of being Assertive. The IET also provide other online learning soft skills to help individuals reach their full potential in the workplace. Some of these include making an impact with your CV or back to basics with presenting.
- IMechE have 1-hour free webinars in Leading with the brain in mind and How to build resilience long term and sustain it in times of change and complexity. The IMechE also offer an E-Leaning Collection in 14 different topics such as Health and Safety and Wellbeing amongst many others.
- Webanywhere offer various soft skills courses such as creative thinking and managing change.
- Reed deliver online courses in soft skills varying from communication and teamwork to time management and self-confidence.
To obtain grant support to participate or to find out about other online courses, please contact your account manager.
If any of these are of interest but you are not able to register, please let your account manager know. If there is sufficient demand from our in-scope employers we will seek to arrange an ECITB-specific session.
The ECITB have two Project Management Mentoring programmes starting on the 5th May. One will be in Scotland (please contact Nikki.MacPherson@ecitb.org.uk) and one in EDP (please contact Lorraine.Rose@ecitb.org.uk).
The Chartered Management Institute has an online portal of useful information about Leading in the Covid-19 crisis, with some content available to non-members as well as members HERE
Cranfield School of Management has created a Knowledge Hub in response to Covid-19 with a wealth of leadership articles, podcasts and videos, available HERE
Next week we will focus on ways to continue with Leadership and Management Training Online.