Diversity and Inclusion training from the ECITB
Working with a range of employer groups, the ECITB has carried out a comprehensive review to ensure diversity and inclusion principles run through all of our products and services.
ECITB National Occupational Standards (NOSs): Nine NOS suites were reviewed across craft and technician disciplines. D&I principles included the group of Common NOS which apply to all disciplines. NOS standards apply to many future products developed from them, including Training Standards & qualifications
Supervisor Training programme: The ‘Taking the Lead’ module now includes training to understand the principles of D&I.
D&I Training Standards foundation/introductory level: Each TS supports development of a course that is anticipated to last at least 5 hours and cover the following topics:
TS DI-01 Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Understand the business case for Diversity and Inclusion
- Describe the terms and language commonly used to describe D&I initiatives.
- Understanding the importance of inclusive behaviour in the workplace
- Explaining the governance and policy laws surrounding D&I
- Explain local D&I policies
- Challenging non-inclusive behaviour in the workplace
TS DI-02 Unconscious Bias
- Explain the Business Case for Diversity
- Introduce Unconscious Bias
- Explore how Unconscious Bias affects the workplace
- Share local governance and policy
- Understand the terms and language commonly used to describe D&I initiatives.
- How to Work in an inclusive manner
- How to address Unconscious Bias
If you are interested in developing a course that can be delivered under ECITB licence against the Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion and Unconscious Bias standards please contact email@example.com