ECITB Innov8 Group – Tomorrow’s Leaders Shaping Tomorrow’s Industry
The ECITB is the authority on engineering construction skills. Along with the education sector, government and employers, we help the workforce undertake training and development activities to build a sustainable industry able to meet future challenges and opportunities.
As part of our pledge to help industry meet workforce demand and skills requirements, the ECITB invites the industry leaders of tomorrow to join our new Innov8 Group. The Innov8 Group, which references the eight sectors of the Engineering Construction Industry, will comprise of individuals from within industry that are currently following a new entrant pathway within their respective organisations and have completed at least one year of workplace development. These will be typically, though not exclusively, those undertaking graduate, apprenticeship or trainee programmes.
By listening to fresh views on engineering construction careers, we can help our industry attract a new generation of engaged, diverse and dynamic engineers to enable UK industry to continue to compete globally.
This new group of future industry leaders will meet periodically throughout the year, predominantly through a virtual environment to maximise opportunity whilst also reducing impact on work schedules and carbon footprint.
The ECITB Innov8 group will be tasked with activities and discussion relating to the following key areas of strategic focus:
- The group will review and discuss products and services being offered by the ECITB as well as those being supported regularly through grant funding. Their feedback will ensure the value of existing training within industry is maintained.
- Working with ECITB Product Development and New Entrants teams, Innov8 members will offer insight and new approaches to design, content and delivery of training, in particular digitalisation, blended learning.
- The group will also help the ECITB Council and Executive team identify new skills gaps and consider training solutions.
- Members of Innov8 will review current industry engagement and outreach strategies with new entrant pipelines such as schools, colleges, universities, networking groups and University Technical Colleges (UTCs).
- Using their unique perspective and insights, the Innov8 group will help identify tactics to reach and engage with target demographics.
- Innov8 members will act as ambassadors for the engineering construction industry
- They will also consider wider attraction and retention issues facing industry with particular focus on the growing competition for skilled employees from other sectors and potential skills shortages resulting from emerging legislative and environmental factors such as Brexit and Net Zero.
- Innov8 will collaborate with the ECITB’s diversity and inclusion taskforce (IDEA) to ensure D&I awareness is embedded in ECITB training standards, raise awareness and showcase diversity in action and promote the industry as an appealing career choice for everyone.
- They will share their experience of D&I from across industry.
- Members will network with relevant industry stakeholders actively engaged in driving the agenda for a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
- They will also investigate how workplace culture, well-being, mental health and inclusion can be improved through delivery of specific training.
- Innov8 members will act as ambassadors for the engineering construction industry.
- They will assist the ECITB in increasing its footprint and influence within each of the eight ECI sectors to ensure holistic delivery and impact of its strategy.
- Innov8 will participate in ECITB regional forums and conferences. Members of the group will be given the opportunity to contribute or lead discussions and present materials to industry stakeholder groups.
- They will help promote ECITB strategy within their respective organisations and industry sectors and act as advocates for its strategic visions.
- The group will maintain an awareness of the impact of new technology and external factors on the delivery of the ECITB strategic vision and endeavour to identify new opportunities and areas for continuous improvement in each of its key areas.
Benefits for group members
- The group will also have access to the ECITB Board and will collaborate regularly with the Executive team. This will provide group members with exclusive access to senior industry figures as well as unparalleled exposure to leadership and decision-making challenges.
Key benefits include:
- Increased individual knowledge of industry technologies, sectors and organisations.
- A unique opportunity to expand their professional networks across industry.
- New experiences in leadership, organisation, communication and quality management.
- Increased knowledge of industry training, sectors and organisations.
- Opportunities to attend professional training.
The Innov8 Group will assist the ECITB to increase the effectiveness of its engagement with industry and play an integral part in shaping the future of industry training and development.
We are seeking motivated individuals from within your organisations who have demonstrated they have the capacity and desire to think outside of their day to day roles and tasks. They should be following a new entrant pathway such as a graduate, apprenticeship or trainee programme at the time of application and have also completed at least one year of workplace development.
Please can you submit nominations to email@example.com
Submissions will need to include the name of the individual being nominated, confirmation of their position as a graduate, apprentice or trainee and a supporting letter from either their line manager or employer representative.
The closing date for nominations will be Friday 26th February 2021.
Nominations will then be reviewed by an internal ECITB selection committee and successful applicants informed prior to formal announcement of inaugural group members on Friday 26th March 2021.
The first quarterly meeting will take place virtually in early Q2.