ECITB Project Controls
Training in ECITB Project Controls equips project controllers with the skills to deliver industry projects on time and within budget.
Project controllers play a crucial part in ensuring the successful delivery of complex projects to time and on budget. This is because their role is to define and plan the costs, schedules, resources and quality needed to deliver a project alongside awareness of risk and commercial requirements. Then once the project is underway, they monitor the costs and progress throughout the delivery phase. Other related technical disciplines include cost engineering, estimating and planning.
ECITB qualifications and courses
The ECITB works closely with industry and employers to develop training courses and qualifications for project controls, estimating, planning, scheduling, cost control, risk and commercial awareness.
The aim of ECITB training products is to provide a clear career entry and progression path from technician to professional project controller.
ECITB courses and qualifications for project controls, estimating, planning, scheduling, cost control and risk include:
- Introduction to project controls (4 days)
- Estimating methodology and practice (2 days)
- Managing Risk as Part of a Project Team (1 day)
- Project Document Managers’ Course (1 day)
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in project controls practice and techniques (RQF) (2 – 3 years)
- Project controls apprenticeship standards – Level 3
- ECITB certificate in project controls (9 months)
Currently in development:
- Level 5 or 6 ECITB Diploma in advanced project controls, estimating, cost control and scheduling practice.
- With Employers, we are seeking to develop a Level 6 Project Controls Professional Apprentice Standard. This is currently in the early stages of development.[/fusion_toggle]