ECITB qualifications covering critical engineering construction industry skills are now available for free to adult learners in England as part of the government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee.
Seven ECITB qualifications at Level 3 feature among the funded courses covering everything from design and draughting skills to nuclear engineering and science.
They are among the almost 400 qualifications backed by £95m of government funding in 2021/22 and are available to any adult in England who has not yet already achieved a qualification at Level 3 (equivalent to A levels).
Chris Claydon, ECITB Chief Executive, said: “I am really pleased to see these ECITB Level 3 qualifications available as part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee, giving adult learners a chance to gain new skills that are in demand. As restrictions are lifted and we can begin to recover from the impact of the pandemic, this National Skills Fund investment will enable individuals to gain valuable qualifications to secure skilled jobs and help meet the future workforce requirements of industry. It will also be welcome news for training providers, also severely impacted by Covid-19, who will receive support to scale up their training provision to meet the needs of learners.
“From equipping individuals with the operational knowledge and skills to work safely on site to embedding specialised skills vital for nuclear science and engineering, this is a positive step towards meeting the future skills needs of the engineering construction industry. We will work closely with Government to ensure learners, employers and providers can take advantage of this opportunity and create a pipeline of talent for our industry, including the thousands of workers required for the Energy Transition.”
The ECITB Level 3 qualifications available through the Lifetime Skills Guarantee are:
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Lifting, Positioning and Installing Structures, Plant and Equipment (RQF) – Erecting / Rigging QRN: 603/3035/1
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Maintenance (RQF) Electrical / Instrument & Control / Mechanical QRN: 603/3036/3
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Installing Engineering Construction Plant and Systems (RQF) Electrical Fitting / Mechanical Fitting / Pipefitting / Plating QRN: 603/3140/9
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Design and Draughting (RQF) QRN: 603/3509/5
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Project Controls Practice and Techniques (RQF) QRN: 603/3411/3
- ECITB Level 3 Certificate in Nuclear Engineering & Science (RQF) QRN: 603/2545/8
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Nuclear Engineering & Science (RQF) QRN: 603/2550/1
Each qualification will be delivered through an ECITB Approved Centre, registered with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
To find out which centres are registered with the ESFA, which qualifications are available and more details on individual eligibility criteria please use this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/find-a-free-level-3-qualification/list-of-free-level-3-qualifications-available-to-eligible-adults#engineering
Find out more about ECITB qualifications here: https://www.ecitb.org.uk/engineering-qualifications/