The CCNSG Test-Only for Renewal Course is for existing passport holders. Therefore, this serves as an alternative option to the CCNSG Renewal Course with no classroom workshop elements.
Candidates must take the online renewal test within three months of the safety passport expiry date. Remember, no training or assistance will be given at the test so candidates must ensure they have revised their health and safety knowledge ahead of the session. test consists of 60 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 48 (80%).
Topics contained within the CCNSG renewal test include:
Health and safety legislation, regulations and safe working practices and procedures, specifically:
- Relevant health and safety legislation and regulations in relation to responsibilities of client or site operator, employers and employees.
- Approved codes of practice.
- Role of the Health and Safety Executive.
- Sources of health and safety information.
- Who is responsible for the health and safety of people working on a site.
- The consequences for employers and employees of not fulfilling their legal health and safety responsibilities.
- The purpose and nature of risk assessments, method statements, and permit to work systems, and the relevance of local procedures and safe systems of work.
Safe use of tools and equipment in different working environments, including:
- Hazards and risks.
- Fire safety procedures.
- Manual handling.
- Dangers of slips, trips and falls.
- Working at height.
- Working with tools and equipment, noisy environments, vibrating equipment.
- Confined space/ excavations working.
- Hazardous substances.
- Lifting operations.
- Dangers of asbestos/radiation.
- Site traffic.
- Types of signs and warnings.
- Electricity and portable electrical appliances/ stored energy devices.
- Environmental issues.
Safe working practices and safe solutions to problems and emergencies, such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Incident reporting procedures.
- Reporting lines and procedures.
- Importance of training.
Personal site safety responsibilities, including:
- Consequences of safety first attitudes.
- Personal behaviour.
- Deal with and minimise the risks from different hazards.
Note: Delegates are allowed two attempts at the renewal test before having to attend the one day renewal course.