As we begin to ease the lockdown across the UK, the ECITB continues to highlight remote learning options that allow vital skills training to continue during the COVID-19 crisis.
With social distancing restrictions impacting on every aspect of our lives, the ECITB has curated a selection of online learning and webinars to help companies and training providers make the switch to remote learning.
Chris Claydon, ECITB Chief Executive, said: “These are unprecedented times and the impact of social distancing on all our working lives will remain with us long after this critical phase of the pandemic.
“We know that this presents a huge challenge for industry that requires new skills and ways of working to be adopted immediately. I hope this selection of online courses and learning resources can with those adjustment to and make the most of this transformation to our working lives.”
- The Oil & Gas Technology Centre has just launched its Insight 60 series of webinars on technologies that will enable energy transition to net zero emissions. One of the first, on 30 Jun, focuses on Cyber Security
- GOV.UK currently have free online training courses to help businesses protect against cyber threats and online fraud.
- Microsoft have various different digital literacy courses for anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of using digital technologies. There are many to choose from including a module on participating safely and responsibly online.
- FutureLearn cover various online training courses involving cyber security. There is an Introduction to Cyber Security course and The Cyber Security Landscape.
- Cybrary are offering extensive free cybersecurity courses with an online library for Cybersecurity and IT. There are courses for beginners or for more advanced users. There’s an Introduction to IT and Cybersecurity Course and Information Security Fundamentals.
- The national cyber security centre (NCSC) have various certified training centres offering high quality cyber security training courses. Whether you are new to cyber security or you are an experienced security professional looking to enhance your skills, certified training can help you or your organisation.
To obtain grant support to participate or to find out about other online courses, please contact your account manager.
If any of these are of interest but you are not able to register, please let your account manager know. If there is sufficient demand from our in-scope employers we will seek to arrange an ECITB-specific session.
ECITB have teamed up with The Knowledge Academy to offer virtual AutoCAD training for in-scope employers. For more information, please contact your account manager.
ECITB have procured a range of IOSH and NEBOSH courses for our in-scope employers. For more information, please contact your account manager.
MAJCI & Pro-Reliability Solutions have organised a free webinar on Continuous Improvement. This event is on Wednesday 15 July at 1.00pm – 2.30pm. The webinar will be concentrating on how best to ensure your companies success in the ‘new normal’. Join to hear presentations from experts in the field by a panel discussion. To register email: email@example.com
Impact Factory are currently running free taster sessions, which last for 1 hour covering various different topics weekly. This week they have an ‘Art of Influencing Taster’ on the 1st July at 2pm and a ‘Leadership in Challenging Times’ taster on the 2nd July at 2pm. Find out more here.
Smarter Not Harder are currently running three different 45-minute free webinar’s around remote working.
The Centre are currently running free remote working webinars called ‘Cuppa Series Live’ throughout the beginning of June. These 45-minute interactive webinars will provide you with the vital toolkit of skills, ideas and techniques to make a success of the challenges that lie ahead.
Next week we will focus on ways to continue with health & safety including mental health.