The ECITB continues to profile training providers offering online learning in vital skills during the COVID-19 crisis.
With social distancing restrictions having a severe impact on every aspect of our lives, the ECITB looks at online learning and webinars to help develop cyber awareness and security.
Chris Claydon, ECITB Chief Executive, said: “These are unprecedented times that require new skills and ways of working to be adopted. This selection of online courses and learning resources cover key digital skills that can help protect and futureproof your business.”
- The Open University offers various free online courses covering digital learning and security including preparing your digital life in the 21st Century and succeeding in a digital world along with an introduction to cyber security.
- Microsoft have made digital literacy courses available to anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of digital technologies. There are many to choose from including a module on participating safely and responsibly online.
- Make it Click has a library of free online bite-sized learning including Top 10 tips for strong internet security, how to identify and avoid online scams and online safety.
- CMI currently offer a free webinar about navigating digital change during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The national cyber security centre (NCSC) has various certified training centres offering high quality cyber security training courses Whether you are new to cyber security or you are an experienced security professional looking to enhance your skills, NCSC certified training can help you or your organisation.
To obtain grant support to participate or to find out about other online courses, please contact your account manager.
If any of these are of interest but you are not able to register, please let your account manager know. If there is sufficient demand from our in-scope employers we will seek to arrange an ECITB-specific session.
Smarter Not Harder currently run three different 45-minute free webinar’s around remote working with three sessions this week. They are:
- ‘Smart Ways to Manage Remote Teams’ – next session is on the 13th May, sign up here.
- ‘Managing the performance & productivity of remote teams’ – next session is on 12th May and you can sign up here.
- ‘Remotely managing the transition back to work as lockdown is lifted’ – next session on 14th May and you can sign up for this here.
There are also further dates available for these webinars, so don’t miss out.
The ECITB’s two Project Management Mentoring programmes are already underway remotely. Fifteen mentees and 14 mentors from 17 companies are taking part in the 2020 scheme, which is running for the sixth consecutive year despite the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Next week we will focus on health and safety training taking place during the pandemic, including mental health awareness training.