Throughout the lockdown period, the ECITB has sought out online learning so vital skills training can continue during the COVID-19 crisis.
With social distancing restrictions having a severe impact on every aspect of our lives, the ECITB has highlighted some online learning and webinars that are available to help. This is our second article covering technical training, here featuring new online courses and other useful resources available to employers at the present time.
Chris Claydon, ECITB Chief Executive, said: “We are all having to make unprecedented adjustments to how we live and work at the moment.
“This selection of online courses and learning resources allows vital workforce training and development to continue in these challenging circumstances and ensure we’re as prepared as possible to start the recovery process when the restrictions are lifted.”
Online technical training:
- 2020projectmanagement currently offer virtual Classroom Courses including ECITB Certificate in Project Controls. Dates available starting in May and June or ECITB Introduction to Project Controls beginning in June.
- Transform (part of the 3T Energy Group) are offering a wide variety of courses such as LOLER and Abrasive Wheels.
- British Safety Council are offering online Working at Height Training amongst other short useful courses.
- Commodious offer a Trade and Construction Bundle of 14 Essential Online Courses including COSSH Awareness and Electrical Safety.
- Freight Transport Association are running an online Dangerous Goods Training By Air, Road & Sea Course which gives a general overview of the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- PlanGrid are offering a free e-book to download on the topic of ‘An Introduction to Lean Construction for Todays Construction Professionals’
To obtain grant support to participate or to find out about other online courses, please contact your account manager.
If any of these are of interest but you are not able to register, please let your account manager know. If there is sufficient demand from our in-scope employers, we will seek to arrange an ECITB-specific session.
ECITB have teamed up with The Knowledge Academy to offer virtual AutoCAD training for in-scope employers. For more information, please contact your account manager.
Cogent Skills have developed a Process Safety Management Foundations Course for managers, supervisors, safety personnel and senior contract employees. The course provides the fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of process safety management across the entire organisation. For more information, please contact your account manager.
ECITB have procured a range of IOSH and NEBOSH courses for our in-scope employers. For more information, please contact your account manager.
Kingsfield Academy are currently offering a free webinar on Finding Alternative Solutions on the 4th June 2020. You can register here.
Dods Training recently ran a free webinar on ‘Personal resilience for a crisis and beyond’. You can re-watch this here.
Smarter Not Harder are currently running three different 45-minute free webinar’s around remote working:
- ‘Smart Ways to Manage Remote Teams’ – next session is on the 28th May, sign up here.
- ‘Managing the performance & productivity of remote teams’ – next session is on the 28th May and you can sign up here.
- ‘Remotely managing the transition back to work as lockdown is lifted’ – next session is on the 27th May and you can sign up for this here.
Next week we will focus on ways to continue with remote teams training.