Do you want to work for an organisation that helps meet the skills needs of the engineering construction industry?
£36,000pa + car/car allowance + pension
We are looking for an accomplished Account Manager with excellent communication skills and strong demonstrable evidence of developing value-adding business relationships to join us.
You will be part of our South England account management team promoting our training products and services, and providing support and guidance to our customer companies regarding training and competence.
You already possess demonstrable experience of engaging and inspiring senior stakeholders in major multinational organisations, and ideally have worked in a skills-related capacity in the engineering construction industry or similar. You understand training and competence systems, and can deliver results to deadlines. You are well versed in providing quality business-focused solutions for customers, promoting the STEM agenda and the benefits of the levy investment. It is essential that your written and presentation skills are professional and polished.
Your main area of operations will be in the area covered by Thames corridor to Bristol, south coast, & southwest, supporting engineering construction contractors, however you will be able to work flexibly and support clients on a wider regional basis.
ECITB Application Form
Account Manager 2018-02.pdf
Media and Communications Assistant
Kings Langley Herts (just outside Watford – 25 mins from central London
Salary: c.£25,000pa + pension + benefits
About the role:
The Media Communications Assistant will support both the ECITB’s strategic communications activities and also to help develop and manage the organisation’s digital communications, including helping to develop and maintain our new website and social media presence.
You will work as part of the ECITB’s small, hands-on Policy and Corporate Affairs Team, assisting the Media and Strategic Communications Manager with the development and delivery of a number of media and strategic communications functions including: digital and social media management; planning, monitoring and evaluating strategic campaigns and generating engaging content. You will help write, edit and produce content for ECITB’s website and social media channels. You will also help monitor and evaluate our digital communications and assist with tasks to support the wider communications team.
This will be a varied and demanding role with plenty of opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills and knowledge and grow as a communications professional.
Ideally you will have some background in PR, Marketing, Communications, or journalism, either professionally or through community/voluntary experience or extended work experience. You will be a confident people person who can work to meet deadlines and be willing to learn new skills. Above all, you will be motivated, adaptable and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
You will be comfortable with a range of tasks from keeping our website updated to and creating simple video and other visual content for our social media channels. You will also help measure and report on the impact of communications campaigns, making use of web and social media analytics.
We’ll expect you to work hard to support the team, but we also see this as a developmental role: we want you to contribute ideas and to give you a varied role that will allow you to develop your skills.
· Assist in creating and maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
· Contribute to the development of engaging communications strategies
· Write articles, web content, email communications and social media posts
· Update and maintain activity across all social media accounts – help to enhance ECITB’s profile across social media platforms.
· Support the delivery of key communications projects, including redesigning the ECITB website and updating marketing materials.
· Maintain contact databases and media lists
· Attend ECITB natonal and regional events and capture insights through social media and digital activities
· Monitor projects and media exposure
· Maintain calendars and appointments
· Help prepare presentations and reports
· Support other members of the team in the delivery of day to day work tasks.
· Educated to degree level or an equivalent level of competence
· Proven experience in a communications or similar role
· Proficient with MS Office package; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and experience with content management systems or HTML is essential.
· Excellent communication abilities, in particular clear and succinct writing, editing and proof reading
· Excellent team-working, interpersonal and organisational skills – able to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple work priorities.
· Able to think creatively and identify innovative opportunities to boost the impact of communications strategies.
· Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
· Understanding or a desire to understand the engineering construction industry.
· Willingness to travel to different UK locations for work activities and occasionally work out of hours.
About the ECITB:
The ECITB is the Government-sponsored training board for the engineering construction industry (ECI). We support the industry to train and develop workers who are responsible for designing, building and maintaining the infrastructure that powers the economy, puts food on the table and keeps the lights on. From oil and gas rigs, nuclear power stations and wind farms to chemical, pharmaceutical, waste and food processing plants, engineering construction firms employ approximately 190,000 people in the UK and accounts for up to 5% of GDP.
The ECITB works with employers and training providers to make sure the workforce has the necessary skills. Last year we invested almost £30 million of funds, raised through our levy on employers, into training, apprenticeships and careers programmes to attract new recruits into engineering construction.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE PROFILE MCA.pdf
Audit Finance & Risk Committee Independent Members (2 positions)
The ECITB wishes to recruit additional financial and risk management capability to its Audit Finance & Risk Committee, and invites applications from suitably experienced candidates who are interested in supporting the delivery of training to the industry.
Audit Finance Risk Committee Member role.pdf
The Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) is a statutory body and reports to its government sponsor body, the Department for Education (DfE). The ECITB is established for exclusively charitable purposes and is a registered charity. It has responsibilities to Parliament and to the engineering construction industry. It was formed in recognition of the industry's vital role in the UK economy, and the requirements for a statutory body to undertake the responsibilities of meeting the special training needs of an industry where the labour force is highly mobile and where there is less opportunity for individual employers to train.
The ECITB manages a national skills training fund, and invests over £25 million p.a. in providing the advice, information and support to employers needed to attract, develop and qualify the people required to create a sustainable and competitive workforce.
If you are interested in finding employment opportunities within the engineering construction industry itself, please click on this link - Register Of Leviable Establishments to look at some of the companies listed under Registered Companies. There you will find a list of companies currently in-scope to the ECITB and their locations. You will need to contact those companies of interest to you directly for employment opportunities.